Tuesday, March 27, 2018

My Daughter, the Artist

We had parent teacher conferences last week. Both kids are doing well (except for Nia and PE – those two apparently don’t mix) but what filled my heart was seeing Nia’s art. She has been increasingly into art for a few years now. I have to admit that it took me a while to see her talent (I can be a horrible person sometimes, I know) but she kept working at it and so we encouraged her. And guess what, magical things happen when kids are motivated. Or better yet self-motivated. Because, trust me, you can’t want it more than they do.

But this year even I can see her hard work paying off. Her art teacher was over the moon about her drawing. He said her work is college level. And that was music to my ears. I took pictures of her art and can’t stop looking at it. Because this kid I have loved from before I knew what she looked like is now creating beautiful art – who would’ve thunk?!!! Now, if we can get her off the couch and caring about PE or any other physical activity for that matter…

IMG_2922-COLLAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Locations of visitors to this page